In IBDP Biology, students are responsible for their own learning, and as such, are expected to be advocates for their own learning. It is very important for students to be present and active in class. Students are expected to:
- Be on-time and prepared for all class sessions
- Be responsible for their assignments and materials
- Come to class with questions and ideas about the material we are studying
- Contribute to class discussions, group and practical work, and engage with other members of the class
- Be ready and willing for debate, dispute, and respectful disagreement
- Seek assistance outside of normal class time when necessary
- Complete and submit all homework and assessments on time – these can generally be submitted electronically or hard copy unless specified otherwise
- Be responsible for their own learning – I will not track you down! You are DP students at RAS and are responsible for knowing and following due dates!
- Follow all RAS and IB rules regarding academic honesty and ethical scholarship
- Be curious – Biology is the study of life and all it’s inner workings – it’s a big subject with many unanswered questions. Enjoy it!
Make sure that you come to talk with me if you have any questions about these expectations, and I will see you in class!